The Construction and Demolition Waste (CDW) Treatment Facility includes a crusher for inert CDW targeting recovery of CDW and a temporary storage of recovered inert CDW (pending and subject to any off take) for recycling activity of such construction & demolition waste.
The process consists of:
- Reception of construction and demolition waste
- Basic sorting of construction and demolition waste
- Crushing and screening of inert waste into different size ranges, to produce:
- material for road sublayers (unbound base courses),
- backfill materials, etc.,
- Storage of clean soil on a dedicated space for possible recovery as backfill / cover.
This facility is the only one with a recycling capacity within the complex. Its treatment capacity is 200,000 tons/year of CDW.