In the photos, you can see the facilities within the Vinča Resource Recovery Center and the progress of works within the PPP project in the field of waste management:
- The monitoring of the old unsanitary landfill in Vinča, which covers an area of 45 hectares, is being carried out for the purpose of carrying out stabilization works with the aim of its complete remediation. The old landfill was operational from 1977 to 2021.
- Non-hazardous municipal waste from 15 Belgrade municipalities is deposited at the newly built sanitary landfill, starting in August 2021. During the last year, 625,000 tons of municipal waste were landfilled. Works on the construction of new sanitary landfill cells are ongoing.
- Works has begun on the construction of a network that will collect landfill gas from the new sanitary landfill for its use in the landfill gas facility.
- The Leachate Treatment Facility and the Energy-from-Waste Facility are in the testing phase. During these final tests, the operation of all power plant systems is initiated, municipal waste is incinerated and the production of the first quantities of electricity and heat begins. The tests include checking the operation of all technological systems in different modes and the functioning of complete automatic control of all process parameters. Maximum incineration capacity of 340,000 tons / year i.e. 43.6 tons/hour, BCE will be able to simultaneously produce 22 MWel and 56.50 MWth of energy or alternatively purely 30.24 MWel of energy.
- The construction and Demolition Waste Facility, with a capacity of 200,000 tons per year, from August 2021, recycles construction waste and produces material that can be used for road surfaces.